For those of you who felt alienated or left out by my last blog post, here is something you might enjoy.
Ten reasons why a compiler is better than a girlfriend:
10. You and the compiler speak the same language (C++, C#, VB.Net, Pascal, etc).
9. If you ignore your compiler for an extended period of time, it won’t hate you for doing so.
8. You can tell your compiler what to do, and it will do it.
7. A decent debugger will tell you exactly what is going on, no questions asked. (The same can’t be said for a girlfriend!)
6. It doesn’t cost extra to take your laptop bag on a trip.
5. With a compiler, you can always have something to do (or code) on a Friday night.
4. You can turn down your compiler’s warning level so it will ignore your mistakes.
3. Your compiler won’t dump you and run away.
2. Compilers don’t like flowers, chocolates, or expensive restaurants.
1. You can have more than one compiler.